Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Moved in

We have completed our move to an apartment in Panajachel! As I mentioned before, unfurnished here means more than no furniture - it also means no stove, no refrigerator and, in this case, no cabinets. So, we made a trip to the capital this past weekend for shelves to store clothes and food and to pick up the fridge and stove we had previously bought. Last night, we discovered a "little quirk" about this apartment - when you turn on hot water, anywhere in the house, the overhead lights flicker and blow a breaker! Imagine Johnny's surprise when the lights went out during his shower! We hoped it was a fluke, but it happened again this morning when I ran the water to wash dishes. Just a "little quirk" that I hope can be fixed!

I'll post pictures later!!

Maria
jcoker@email.caminternational.org

2 comments:

CLEO COKER said...

hey guys!! glad to hear you are getting to settle in one place for a while...it is nice to be able to visualize Pana and know where it is you are living....i think about you guys often and can't wait to see you...i miss you both and hope that i can talk to you soon!!! love, todo

Mary Jane said...

Hey, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of...how can the hot water cause a breaker to blow? You two are quickly becoming my heros....I don't know that I would survive all that you have been through! I know you have been busy but I am soooooo glad you posted! I have been checking everyday....if my computer goes down I think I might flip out....I feel such a link to you through the internet....what did we ever do without it? Hope is all is going well and you get to settle in without many more obstacles. Is it rainy season yet?

I can't wait to see y'all in October!

Love
Deej