Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 3 of Agatha

We have electricity, we have internet...we are doing OK. What we don't have, nor does anyone else around us, is clean water! Our water comes from a well in our back yard. With the fast rise of the water table underground, the well is filling with not only water but also mud. What filters we have can't take care of it. We have some drinkable water, enough if we are careful, but all of the water in the house - the shower, the toilet, the faucets and the washing machine - looks like the water above. Kind of hard to wash clothes in water that is dirtier than the clothes you are washing!

2 comments:

Steve Bateman said...

wow! this is the first I've heard of this. I'm in the Charlotte Airport,...just flew in from Budapest. Been in Serbia all week teaching in the Bible College. No email or internet so I'm getting caught up. I'll keep praying!

Arlene G said...

Thinking of you and praying for you..I know it is a difficult time!