Thursday, November 06, 2008

The things you learn...

There are things you learn, living in a foreign country. After nearly four years in Guatemala, I learned something new yesterday. I already knew that the rainy season kept things damp...all of your envelope flaps prematurely stick together as do your stamps. (Thank goodness for the "pre-stick" kind!) Anyway, yesterday I learned that Listerine strips stick together also. Johnny and I were in a meeting with about 30 people when I offered him a "breath strip". What I didn't know was that three or four had stuck together! Now, these things tend to be strong anyway but three or four of them together about burned his mouth and he couldn't do anything about it! We did not have any water available so he had to sit there and take it, eyes watering and about to choke. Yes, it's funny the things you learn...

2 comments:

Sonya said...

LOL!!

Simon and Ruby said...

wow. nice work!