Friday, March 16, 2007

Announcing...

I am happy (thrilled, overjoyed, and all around giddy) to announce that I have a washing machine! After living two years doing laundry wherever it was possible, I now have my own washer! We had bought a gas dryer secondhand and finally got that set up too. After returning from the States to find an inch of dirt on everything in the house, it was wonderful to wash clothes on Wednesday. I washed and dried 5 loads, used almost all of the water in the well and a bunch of gas. I never had that much fun washing clothes before! And all before I remembered I had to cook lunch (gas stove) for 20 people the next day! It all worked out - lunch was cooked and I had clean clothes. It's amazing what a little cleaning will do for your frame of mind!

Hasta luego,
Maria
jcoker@caminternational.org

No comments: