Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas and Music

Christmas, to me, has always included music. Old favorite Christmas hymns such as O Holy Night and The First Noel, newer ones such as Mary Did You Know? (I will always picture John Godwin singing that one) and The Messiah. Songs that tell the story of the gift given to mankind with such undeserved love. Songs that tell of the unprecedented event that occurred over 2000 years ago. Songs that still my heart each year with wonder.
Tonight I had the opportunity to attend a Christmas Dinner Theater at the First Baptist Church of Sylacauga, Alabama. It was what I needed to start the Christmas season with...something to remind me of the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your new background!!! We think of you guys often and are praying for you!